THE BEATRICE WRIGHT FOX
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP OF
THE NATIONAL PAN-HELLENIC COUNCIL
OF GREATER CLEVELAND
BEATRICE WRIGHT FOX was an educator and the first African-American administrator in the Mount Pleasant area in Cleveland, OH as well as an advisor/director with the Phillis Wheatley Association. She was a dedicated member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Alpha Lambda Sigma Alumnae Chapter of Cleveland, OH and the Founder of the National Pan-Hellenic Council of Greater Cleveland.
Because of her exemplary service to the community and passion for youth shown by Mrs. Fox, a scholarship was established by the National Pan-Hellenic Council of Greater Cleveland and named in her honor.
The NPHC Greater Cleveland Scholarship was established to provide funds for undergraduate students who desire financial assistance to further their education.
- A undergraduate member of supervising/advising NPHC of Greater Cleveland affiliate fraternity or sorority;
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Attend a four-year academic institution of higher learning in Greater Cleveland.
In addition, selection is based on a combination of community service, an essay and letters of recommendations.
The scholarships are available to students at the undergraduate level who are enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college and plan to pursue a course of study leading to a recognized degree. The award amount is $1,000.00 and is not renewable. The scholarships will be awarded in January 2017.
A complete application package is essential for consideration. Students must complete the application which includes:
- Personal information-such as name, address, affiliate organization;
- Academic information-such as GPA, degree sought, major;
- A word-processed essay;
- Official transcript of grades (Please upload an unofficial transcript, if available. Official transcript must be postmarked by the announced deadline.); and
- Two letters of recommendation- one from an active and financial graduate member from within your own affiliate fraternity or sorority of Greater Cleveland NPHC and one from a faculty member of the student’s academic institution.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AND/OR DATE-TIME STAMPED BY December 31, 2016
Mail Official Transcript To: National Pan-Hellenic Council of Greater Cleveland, P.O. Box 5263, Cleveland, OH 44101
Complete the application online or download application.